AdsML3.5-ReleaseNotes-AD-3.0.0, 15 May 2011
AdsML 3.5 RELEASE 3 (this release) (May 2011)
INTRODUCTION and USAGE
AdsML Framework 3.5 Release 3 is a minor maintenance upgrade to Framework 3.5, Release 2. Changes in Release 3 include: improvements to the Usage documentation for AdsML Bookings and AdsML Media Pack; new “Section” and “Publisher Country” elements in AdsML Ad Ticket; and updated Country Code values in the AdsML Controlled Vocabularies.
1. AdsMLAdTicket 1.0.4 AS (AdsMLAdTicket-1.0.4-Main-AS-1)
1. This is the Approved Specification of a maintenance upgrade to AdsMLAdTicket.
2. The Bookings and Media Pack Usage Rules & Guidelines were updated to cover additional use cases.
3. The Controlled Vocabularies were updated to reflect changes to ISO country codes during recent years.
Note: There have been no substantive changes to any of the other specifications.
ERRATA AND OPEN ISSUES
· In Release 2 of Framework 3.5, AdsMLControlledVocabularies the value of “Skyscraper” was removed from the AdType vocabulary because it is an ad size rather than a type. AdsML implementations that use “Skyscraper” as an ad type value and wish to schema-validate their ad type codes may either extend their local copy of the AdsMLControlledVocabularies .xsd file or continue using an earlier release of it.
· MSXML4 SP2 erroneously reports errors in several of the schemas. These errors are not reported by any of the other XML schema processors against which the Framework was tested, including both later and earlier versions of MSXML. For this reason it is recommended that implementers of the AdsML Framework avoid using MSXML4.
· The “to do” section of Documentation Names and Identifiers - Guidelines and Examples is out of date and should be ignored.
RELEASE 2 (April 2010; Approved June 2010)
This release contains Approved versions of all components that were previously included in Release 1, ready for production use. In addition, in Release 2:
1. The Framework now provides support for multilingual textual metadata. This makes it possible to convey information that is targeted for human (rather than machine) consumption, e.g. adsml:Description and adsml:DescriptionLine, in more than one language, e.g. English and French.
2. A new Duration element has been added to ProductionDetails in order to convey the duration of e.g. a broadcast ad.
3. A PricingBasis element has been added to AdsMLMediaPack in order to define how a percentage-based charge or discount will be calculated; the RatecardRequest mechanism has been simplified and improved; and an “AuxiliaryReference” structure has been added to the top level of the message.
4. The multi-currency support in AdsMLBookings has been expanded.
5. Several minor errors in AdsMLAdTicket were corrected and the XMP File Info Panels updated.
RELEASE 1 (June 2009)
This is a major upgrade to the AdsML suite of standards including new functionality and changes to previously used structures. All of the major standards in this release have Proposed Specification status and are made available for review purposes only. The Bookings, Materials, Financials and Proof of Publication specifications are not backwards compatible.
1. The Framework now provides dedicated support for interactive advertisements across the entire AdsML lifecycle.
2. A new specification, AdsML Media Pack, provides message formats for the exchange of rate cards and technical specifications.
3. AdsML Materials now supports the transmission of advertisement components in addition to completed artwork.
4. AdsML Proof of Publication and AdsML Financials have been updated to support the new features defined in the Bookings and Materials specifications.
5. Small improvements have been made to most of the other specifications.
RELEASE 5 (June 2008)
This is a major release of the entire suite of AdsML standards, ready for production use. It contains Approved Specifications of AdsMLMaterials 2.0 and AdsMLBookings 2.0, with major enhancements compared to their 1.0 versions, as well as maintenance updates to the other specifications and overall improved documentation.
1. AdsMLBookings 2.0.0 AS (AdsMLBookings-2.0.0-Main-AS-1) - first Approved Specification of AdsMLBookings 2.0.
2. AdsMLMaterials 2.0.0 AS (AdsMLMaterials-2.0.0-Main-AS-1) - first Approved Specification of AdsMLMaterials 2.0.
3. AdsMLFinancials 1.0.1 AS (AdsMLFinancials-1.0.1-Main-AS-1) - Approved Specification of a minor maintenance upgrade to AdsMLFinancials.
4. AdsMLProofOfPublication 1.0.1 AS (AdsMLProofOfPublication-1.0.1-Main-AS-1) - Approved Specification of a minor maintenance upgrade to AdsMLProofOfPublication.
5. The Controlled Vocabularies were updated to reflect ongoing work.
6. The changes made to the Advertising Components Interactions Analysis, E-Commerce Usage Rules & Guidelines and Type Library during the development of Framework 3 were Approved by Consortium membership.
7. All previously approved specifications were updated to import the new Type Library:
1. AdsMLAdTicket 1.0.2 AS (AdsMLAdTicket-1.0.2-Main-AS-13)
2. AdsMLStructuredDescriptions 1.0.6 AS (AdsMLStructuredDescriptions-1.0.6-Main-AS-8)
3. AdsMLEnvelope 1.1.3 AS (AdsMLEnvelope-1.1.3-Main-AS-5)
8. The samples were updated.
9. The AdTicket XMP panels were updated.
10.The Glossary was updated.
11.The Interactive Requirements document was updated.
RELEASE 4 (March 2008)
This is an interim release for public comment. It contains modest enhancements to AdsMLMaterials 2.0 and AdsMLBookings 2.0, maintenance updates to the other schemas, and improved documentation.
1. AdsMLBookings 2.0.0 PS (AdsMLBookings-2.0.0-Main-PS-25) - second release candidate of AdsMLBookings 2.0.
2. AdsMLMaterials 2.0.0 PS (AdsMLMaterials-2.0.0-Main-PS-24) - second release candidate of AdsMLMaterials 2.0
3. AdsMLFinancials 1.0.1 PS (AdsMLFinancials-1.0.1-Main-PS-7) - the Proposed Specification of a minor maintenance upgrade to AdsMLFinancials.
4. AdsMLProofOfPublication 1.0.1 PS (AdsMLProofOfPublication-1.0.1-Main-PS-3) - the Proposed Specification of a minor maintenance upgrade to AdsMLProofOfPublication
5. The Controlled Vocabularies were updated to reflect ongoing work.
6. The Type Library has been updated to support the development of AdsMLBookings and AdsMLMaterials.
7. All previously approved specifications were updated so that they import the new Type Library.
RELEASE 3 (November 2007)
With this release, AdsML Framework 3.0 is ready to support production implementations. The Financials and Proof of Publication specifications are at Approved Specification status, while Bookings and Materials 2.0 are at “release candidate” stage and are expected to be finalized in spring 2008.
1. AdsMLFinancials 1.0.0 AS (AdsMLFinancials-1.0.0-Main-AS-1) - first Approved Specification release of AdsMLFinancials.
2. AdsMLProofOfPublication 1.0.0 AS (AdsMLProofOfPublication-1.0.0-Main-AS-1) - first Approved Specification release of AdsMLProofOfPublication.
3. AdsMLBookings 2.0.0 PS (AdsMLBookings-2.0.0-Main-PS-1) – a Proposed Specification release of AdsMLBookings, containing a large number of minor enhancements based on feedback from users of version 1.0.
4. AdsMLMaterials 2.0.0 PS (AdsMLMaterials-2.0.0-Main-PS-1) - a Proposed Specification release of Materials, containing the new Delivery Order and Resend Request messages.
5. AdsMLAdTicket 1.0.1 AS (AdsMLAdTicket-1.0.1-Main-AS-11) – a minor update to align its controlled vocabulary values for color and unit of measure with the rest of the AdsML Framework.
6. The Controlled Vocabularies were updated to reflect ongoing work.
7. The Type Library has been updated to support the development of AdsMLFinancials, AdsMLProofOfPublication, AdsMLBookings, AdsMLMaterials.
RELEASE 2 (April 2007)
RELEASE 1 (October 2006)
1. AdsMLFinancials 1.0.0 PS (AdsMLFinancials-1.0.0-Main-PS-10) - the first public release of AdsMLFinancials.
2. AdsMLProofOfPublication 1.0.0 PS (AdsMLProofOfPublication-1.0.0-Main-PS-1) - the first public release of AdsMLProofOfPublication.
3. The Controlled Vocabularies were updated in order to support AdsMLFinancials and AdsMLProofOfPublication.
4. All previously approved specifications were updated so that they referenced the new Controlled Vocabularies:
1. AdsMLBookings 1.0.2 AS (AdsMLBookings-1.0.2-Main-AS-5)
2. AdsMLMaterials 1.0.2 AS (AdsMLMaterials-1.0.2-Main-AS-3)
3. AdsMLStructuredDescriptions 1.0.4 AS (AdsMLStructuredDescriptions-1.0.4-Main-AS-5)
4. AdsMLEnvelope 1.1.1 AS (AdsMLEnvelope-1.1.1-Main-AS-2)
5. The Advertising Components Interactions Analysis was modified to more accurately describe the Financials and Proof of Publication workflows.
RELEASE 8 (October 2006)
1. AdsMLAdTicket 1.0.0 AS (AdsMLAdTicket-1.0.0-Main-AS-1) – first formally Approved release.
2. AdsMLBookings 1.0.1 AS (AdsMLBookings-1.0.1-Main-AS-4). A backwards-compatible maintenance release which added several optional elements and refactored the schema to facilitate element re-use.
3. AdsMLMaterials 1.0.1 AS (AdsMLMaterials-1.0.1-Main-AS-2). A backwards-compatible maintenance release which added several optional elements and refactored the schema to facilitate element re-use.
4. AdsMLTypeLibrary 1.1.2 AS (AdsMLTypeLibrary-1.1.2-AS-13). A backwards-compatible maintenance release which refactored the schema to facilitate element re-use.
5. AdsMLStructuredDescriptions 1.0.3 AS (AdsMLStructuredDescriptions-1.0.3-Main-AS-4) maintenance update.
1. The schema was refactored in order to allow better re-use of Structured Descriptions in other AdsML standards, but this should have no effect on message instances.
particular, all elements except for document root elements (AdsMLStructuredDescriptions,
AdsMLObjectDefinitions) were moved to the Public Type
Library. NOTE: This required moving the xml.xsd import from the
3. This update was first released in AdsML Framework 2.0 Release 8 but was not mentioned in its release notes.
6. New sections were added to E-Commerce Usage Rules & Guidelines to provide examples of code validation, and to describe the user defined property mechanism.
7. The AdsML Controlled Vocabularies were updated by the addition of four Ad Size codes, including FullPage, which had accidentally been omitted.
RELEASE 7 (June 2006)
1. AdsMLBookings 1.0 AS (AdsMLBookings-1.0.0-Main-AS-1) – first formally Approved release.
2. AdsMLMaterials 1.0 AS (AdsMLMaterials-1.0.0-Main-AS-1) – first formally Approved release.
3. AdsMLAdTicket 1.0 PS (AdsMLAdTicket-1.0.0-Main-PS-8) – first public release.
4. AdsMLTypeLibrary 1.1 AS (AdsMLTypeLibrary-1.1.1-AS-12) – minor updates.
5. AdsMLEnvelope 1.1 AS (AdsMLEnvelope-1.1.0-Main-AS-1) – minor fix.
6. E-Commerce Usage Rules & Guidelines was updated.
7. AdsML Controlled Vocabularies was updated.
8. Superseded specifications were removed from the Release package.
RELEASE 6 (December 2005)
1. AdsMLBookings 1.0 (AdsMLBookings-1.0.0-Main-PS-16)
2. AdsMLMaterials 1.0 (AdsMLMaterials-1.0.0-Main-PS)
3. AdsML Framework 1.0 Overview and AdsML Framework 2.0 Overview have been updated and merged into a single AdsML Framework Overview.
4. The AdsML Envelope Processing Model, Addressing and Operational Conformance was renamed to AdsML Envelope Processing Model, Usage Rules & Guidelines, and an overview chapter which had previously been in the Framework 1.0 Overview was moved into this document.
RELEASE 5 (September 2005)
1. Added the “Vision of AdsML” to provide a high-level orientation for new users.
2. Created version 1.1 of the Advertising Components Interactions Analysis to reflect knowledge gained while developing the Materials workflow. Moved the sections which describe message types and choreography into the E-commerce Rules & Guidelines document.
RELEASE 4 (July 2005)
1. Refactored all schemas to conform to the new AdsML architecture.
2. Updated all schemas and documentation (including legacy documents from AdsML 1.0) to conform to the new AdsML naming guidelines.
RELEASE 3 (February 2005)
· Corrected a minor error
RELEASE 2 (January 2005)
· Corrected a minor error
RELEASE 1 (October 2004)
· First release of the Bookings and Structured Descriptions schemas
AdsML Framework 1.0, which was formally Approved in Spring 2005, contained the initial releases of:
· First release of AdsMLEnvelope (then called AdsML 1.0), the foundation of the AdsML Framework, accompanied by a Specification and documentation of the associated processing model and conformance levels
· Advertising Components Interaction Analysis 1.0
· Glossary 1.0
· Overview documentation